Get the FAQs about Pod 51 Hotel in Midtown East
- What amenities come standard at Pod 51? Every room is stocked with the essentials, including bath toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, and body wash), towels, and a hairdryer. Additionally, each pod has a safe that’ll fit a laptop, a flat-screen TV with cable, and a workspace with a chair. The hotel also offers complimentary access to our rooftop deck, outdoor garden, and walking tours.
- What amenities can I get by request? You can request an iron and ironing board from the front desk. Pod 51 Hotel also offers same-day luggage storage, a service you can use before checking in or after checking out.
- What time is check-in and check-out?
Check-in is 3:00 p.m. | Check-out is 12:00 p.m.
Arriving early? We offer early check-in when available, upon arrival. Late check-out is based on availability. Reach out to our front desk on the morning of your departure day for more information.
- Is there parking near Pod 51? Pod 51 hotel guests can park at the nearby ICON Parking garage, located at 136 E 51st Street. Parking can be validated at the front desk for guests to receive a discounted rate.
- Are there subway lines and/or public transit near the hotel? Pod 51 Hotel is located just steps from the Lexington Avenue / 53rd Street MTA station, which offers service on the E, M, and 6 subway lines.
- How old do I have to be to check-in? Unlike most hotels in NYC, Pod 51 Hotel guests must only be at least 18 years old to check-in. Just bring along a valid government-issued ID and we’ll have you living the #PodLife ASAP.
- What forms of payment does the hotel accept? Pod 51 accepts all major credit cards, as well as cash for payment. Heads up, cash is only accepted for check-ins prior to 10:00 p.m. and if you choose to pay in cash, the full amount of the room will be charged at check-in. A $50 security deposit is also required (regardless of payment type) and will be released at check-out.
- What is the facility fee? Pod 51 charges a facility fee in the amount of $22.95 (inclusive of tax) per room, per night, in addition to the room rate. This universally applied fee allows us to provide the following commonly requested services to all guests: Early check-in and late check-out when available, calls within the United States, printing, same-day luggage storage prior to check-in and after check-out, and walking tours.
- What ADA / accessibility features does the hotel have?
Pod 51 offers accessible common spaces and rooms for guests with disabilities. Our pods feature roll-in showers, lowered hanging spaces, visual and audible fire alarms, and a range of accessibility features for your convenience and safety.
- Is Pod 51 pet-friendly? Woof, woof! The hotel welcomes small dogs (under 25 pounds) for a daily fee of $25 per night. Let us know ahead of your visit if you plan on bringing a pup along.